After I posted the last piece on Foot Problems in Diabetics 2 days ago, I received a couple of emails asking for information on preventing the problems. So, here are simple steps to take care of your feet, especially if you are diabetic –
- Keep a check on your blood sugar levels and maintain it within normal limits.
- Check your feet everyday.
- Wash them daily and keep them clean.
- Keep the skin soft and smooth.
- Wear well fitting shoes always. Use socks or slippers at home, so that they are better protected at all times.
- Protect your feet from extreme heat and cold conditions.
- Visit a podiatrist (foot specialist) if you have any problems.
Do not neglect the health of your feet!